PC Summit 2016 Call For Papers
We are now accepting papers for consideration in the PC Summit! Papers should present the latest advancements in technology and trends in emerging powder coating markets.
The PC (Powder Coating) Summit is a two day short-course/lab demo/seminar that delivers the latest in powder coating innovation to engineers, technologists, scientists, and marketing and management professionals. This event is produced by The Powder Coating Research Group, Powder Coated Tough magazine and The Powder Coating Institute and will take place in Columbus, OH on October 4th and 5th.
Abstract Submission Deadline: March 31, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: June 30, 2016
Submission of Completed Power Point Presentation: September 1, 2016
Windy City Coatings Course
Kevin Biller will be presenting a tutorial on powder coating at the Windy City Coatings Course in Chicago, Illinois on April 29th. Kevin will cover an overview of powder coating technology ranging from fundamental chemistry and formulation to application methods and film performance. The presentation will wind up with a glimpse into emerging technology that is sure to be be a game-changer in the industrial coatings arena.
Come See Us at the 2014 Powder Coating Show!
The Powder Coating Research Group is excited to exhibit once again at the Powder Coating Show. This year’s event will be taking place in Indianapolis, September 16th through 18th. Feel free to stop by Booth 332 to ask your burning powder coating questions or just to say hi!
Don’t Miss the 2014 Powder Coating Summit
Bringing New Technology to Market
The PC Summit brings together the greatest minds in our industry’s technical and commercial communities for a two-day event. Attendees are guaranteed to leave energized, with new ideas and inspiration in powder coating technology.
The PC Summit brings you face to face with the prominent experts in the powder coating industry for two full days of intensive dialogue.
Day One Sessions Include:
- Introduction to Powder Coating Technology / Nomenclature (Kevin Biller, The Powder Coating Research Group)
- Chemistry & Performance (Kevin Biller, The Powder Coating Research Group)
- Powder Coating Additive Technology: Flow Agent Fundamentals (Thomas Czeczatka, BYK Additives)
- Application Technology Fundamentals (Ken Kreeger, Nordson Corporation)
- Understanding Applied Cost (Rodger Talbert, TCI Powder Coatings)
- Hands-On Demonstration: The Powder Coating Research Group Laboratory
Day Two Sessions Include:
- Advancements in Zirconium Pretreatment Operations (Chris Berger, Calvary Chemical)
- Using X-Ray Fluorescence to Determine Pretreatment Quality (Thomas Cape, ACT Test Panels)
- Cleaner, Faster Combustion… The Science Behind Catalytic Infrared (Marty Sawyer, TriMac Systems)
- VOC Free Powder Mould Coating… A Superior Finish for Fiber Reinforced Plastics (Marcel Schutte & B. Hostede, DSM Resins; Netherlands)
- The Relationship Between Debubblers & Corrosion Resistance in Powder Coating (Larry Waelde & Douyon Venescar, Troy Corporation)
- One Shot Matte is Beautiful – Different Ways to Success, Less Headaches, Fewer Costs (Corey King & Werner Grenda, Evonik Corporation/Evonik Industries AG
- Recent Advancements in Dry Film Thickness Measurement (David Beamish, DeFelsko)
- Make Money with Your Stripper (Larry Ensley, Hubbard Hall)
- Compliance Driven Innovation – New Technologies for Cleaning & Pretreatment in a Globally Compliant Era (Dave Chalk, PhD, DuBois Chemicals)
- New Developments in QC Instrumentation for the Powder Coating Process (John Fletcher, Elcometer)
Powder Coating Summit – June 5-6, 2012
Powder Coated Tough magazine and The Powder Coating Research Group are collaborating to bring you the latest innovations in powder coating technology in a workshop/symposium.
Come see us at NAI!
The Powder Coating Research Group will be exhibiting at this year’s North American Industrial Coating Show in Cincy. Stop by booth 410 to see the latest in powder coating innovation or just to say “hi”.
The event runs from October 4-6 at the Duke Energy Convention Center in Cincinnati, OH. More information is available at http://www.thenaicoatingshow.com/
Powder Coating Forum – June 2011 at PCR
We will be hosting The Powder Coating Forum this coming June right here in Columbus, OH. Here’s an announcement:
The Powder Coating Forum to Take Place in June.
Mark your calendar and plan to attend the Powder Coating Forum,
scheduled for June 7-8, 2011, at
The Westin Columbus
310 South High Street,
NAI Coating Show
Just a reminder – we’ll be exhibiting at the NAI Coating Show in Indianapolis next week. The show is being held at the Indy Convention Center. Stop by at booth number 1306 and pick up a PCR Group beer coozie!
RadTech Fall meeting in Cleveland OH
Yesterday we attended the RadTech Fall meeting in Cleveland OH. Hooked up with a great bunch of technologists. UV Curable powder coatings are one of our key technologies. They undoubtedly have a promising future.